My Photo
Name:
Location: london, United Kingdom

Thursday, December 11, 2008

November Recap

Since the GUKPT Thanet win I played a few live tournaments. All of them went really bad. Busted Amsterdam Masters early after feeling pretty strong on the table, and then again in PKR Live when I never really got started and just lost a flip directly before dinner break.
After that I played the GUKPT main event, and busted just after the break in a complete disaster zone. Lost a pretty big pot immediately after break when i defend vs minraise and lose 2pair vs 2pair, then squeeze spot in what I felt was a pretty good spot where I felt praz bansi has to fold most of his opening range but obv lose to aces, pffff had an A blocker too.
Just about a week ago I played the champions of champions event and didn't get anywhere. Bust in another great squeeze spot where the preflop raiser was always folding but I don't win flips live.

Online I've been running the complete opposite, doing well in a variety of tournaments. Since the end of November I've run like fire and am currently trying to do well for monthly tlb. Stars have a new passport promotion, where the top 100 freeroll to try and win seats into 10ks. I won the 3r and a sunday stars 100fo, plus a 2nd in the 100r. I now have just under 4k stars tlb points this month, however I can not win a 12-36/180 to save my life. I must be like 3 for 30 in actually cashing, let alone actually winning. I'm assuming just one more big field tournament is necesary. In fact if the boomswitch is kept on I might have a good shot at weekly tlb this week too.

I've probably been palying either my A- game or C- game for a while now. Thankfully its been the A- game more often than not, but its hard to tell since I've obviously run redic hot. Last two days I've run super bad, losing every flip, getting super coolered etc etc, which probably isn't that suprising since I have to regress to the mean eventually. At any given period I guess I can run terrible/amzing and there's just no awy of controlling it. It does annoy me a little when I question a shove/call/whatever when villain just happened to have exactly the nuts, whilst 90%+ of the time they would have folded.

2009 stars with PCA, which I still need to win a seat to. I've been donating like crazy but hoping to change that. Last Sunday I won a satellite to APT Manila in late January, and theres a new GUKPT season. I'm planning to play a lot online, as well as a lot live. Not just the EPTs but but more UK tournaments.


below is a promo for the stars blogger tournament coming up. a few seats into live events are up for grabs, and I'm always such a sucker for them.




Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker!

This PokerStars tournament is a No Limit Texas Hold’em event exclusive to Bloggers.

Registration code: 807606

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home