My Photo
Name:
Location: london, United Kingdom

Saturday, October 20, 2007

So here we are

Busted the GUKPT in pretty spectacular fashion, running a pretty bad bluff in a spot where at the time it made sense to me that villain would fold. oh well.

Today I'm gonna grind, maybe 3k hands. I haven't put in a session of NL 6-max in a while, but today the games look good and I wouldn't mind grinding out some low(ish) varaince $233/hr.

I'm hoping for around 15k more till the end of the month, and for the most part I'll grind the NL cash games, both 6-max and HU. I haven't managed to be in bed before 7am in a long time now, and I'd really like to be able to get back to a normal schedule. I almost thought I had with the GUKPT, but stuff happened and somehow I'm back on a bad schedule.

I've also realised that I've played just around 200k hands this year. This is pretty pathetic tbh. I know people who knock that out in 1-2 months. I mean wtf. At least total profit for the year is now clearly over $100k but I was really hoping for the 200k region. I still have just over 2 months left, so the target would be $15k more this month, and then two 30k months for nov and dec. I'd actually aim for more, but I'm gonna go to thailand for 3 weeks and then from around dec 20th I'll fly out to NYC and then LV for some debauchery. Hanging out with poker players is not only +EV, but also rediculous fun. It can be a bit costly, since they're all very good young internet players that have a lot of cash to burn, but it also means we can randomly go to good restaurants or do stuff like go to amsterdam on a whim that I don't usually get to do since my friends are all busto.

Speaking of friends, my housemate damien is getting into poker. He's currently grind NL25 after doing pretty badly at NL10. I'm not too fussed if he loses money, cos he's a really smart kid and long run he's just gonna rape these games. My incentive to make him good is so that he can pay for my PA.

I was looking at the iphone and ipod touch yesterday, and was really tempted by the ipod but I think i'll wait for the iphone. It's only 20more days or so till it comes out, and I cant be bothered to carry both an ipod touch and phone. My only thouight was that I've already got a contract with my current phone for something like 10 months, but I can jsut give the phone to my brother or something. I think I'll buy a dyson soon, they're suprisingly dear at £150-£250 on amazon. Not sure which one is gonna be best, I assume the lightweight one will be best overall for ease of use reasons.


Anyway I'm sure I'll be blogging again immediately after this when I go on some rediculous 20 BI downswing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home