My Photo
Name:
Location: london, United Kingdom

Monday, February 25, 2008

Busted LAPC

I'm just a little annoyed at myself really. I'm starting to think big laydowns are crucial in tournaments, and I really have to start doing them. IN cash games, to some extent i don't have to make them due to a lack of need to consider ICM, but in donkaments its different.

at 400/800/100 i got to 120k, and was out 2nd hand of 600/1200/200. pffffffffffffff




wtf now:

300/600/50 some random woman opens MP to 2.5k with 35k stack, CO shoves for 7.5k i have JJ in sb with about 50-60k stack. now what?







pfff:

85k stack at 500/1000/100

AA in MP raise to 3k, HJ (young internet kid who'd been active) calls, CO calls (oung azn dude who plays strange, kinda really like a live pro), bb calls.

stacks:

HJ: 75k, CO, 50, bb, 130k

flop K93dd. check, bet 6k, raise 15k, fol, fold, i ship but should have called and lose to 33 obv.




o rly:

400/800/75

allen cunningham opens 23k/24k stack to 2400 from CO, i defend sb with 87dd. bb calls
flop 852r. i lead 4.2k, fold, cunningham ships for just over 16k more. i sigh, count pot etc, and call. he asks me 'do u have an 8?' i freeze cos my mind is running 'wtf?!' and he shows 86. skill game obv.



I'm gonna sweat everyone still in i guess. that i can remember off the top of my head (and yes im too lazy to look it up f u): thayer, ray, watts, JP, john, jennifer tilly and brystmar (who i sat with all day and he knew who i was but i didnt know who he was and wtf was he doing 3-betting me 3 times in one level????)


I've started the golf swing style rebuild of my 'game'. i actually hate using that term, as well as 'poker career' cos, well, its lame. Anyway basically I dislike my approach to certain situations which come up, as well as the image that I set up and use. The current way I set up my image is not as good live as it is online. especially in donkaments cos I HATE chipping down. I really have to control myself. I can get a big stack early easily, but once I get it I'm not using it properly and in certain spots I'm sucking so bad just sitting back and chilling for like an hour or so. Every level that I go into trying to tell myself to chill and play tight, I do something pretty retarded imo. Recently it's just not been letting go of hands, or at least taking suboptimal lines with overpairs when I've elected instead to go for the hero play and try and get it in and pray to baby jesus raptor that im good.kdjbfjsndl


i'm feeling really good about poker even tho busting sucked, and i have some pretty exciting ideas about running some 'advanced' math to my thought process (note: its only advanced because I hadn't thought of it till now. it's probably std and everyones spent some time on it). either way i'm gonna sit with pokerstove, wordpad and a lot of some tv series and get it done.

Feb is kinda a wash. goals for march:

50k cash game hands.
play every sunday
maybe play 1 or 2 small live donkaments somewhere like gukpt.
win a seat to monte carlo or maybe bellagio wpt since i would really like to go to that too.
three 5 fig cashes in donkament,
be up monies in all donkmanets.
play less tables with respect to donkaments.
win 50k


I really may end up playing like 80k hands and a bazillion donkamnets. i guess in the region of 200 donkmanets online should be right, mainly because I'm gonna cut down on number of tables. f it who am i kidding, i can really log 400 kinda easily. I feel good about poker as i said and really am just gonna grnd for a whole month and make money and stuff. I still want well into 6 figs for 2008 and really do expect it. I think however I've been lazy with my technical development recently and i've also been terriblly unmotivated. I've also never worked hard with pokerstove and SnG power tools.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home